IN THE NEWS
“Girl Scouts Are Facing COVID-19 with Outreach from Crafts to Compassionate Connection”
Read The Spirit. Apr. 19, 2020
“What does this song mean to me?
Scientists tell us that, if two heart cells are placed together in a petri dish, they will find and maintain a common beat. I think that biological phenomenon points to a basic truth about relationships. Beneath all of our resistance, beneath all of our fear and hatred, the very nature of life itself rests on a joining force.
Too often in our world today, we exhaust ourselves fighting against this impulse to join together. When we allow our hearts to beat in unison, we renew our strength and we summon peace.
We are one ONE HEART.
As Jews, Christians and Muslims, we can be the change we want to see in our world.”
“Girl Scouts, Detroit Institute of Arts and Brenda Rosenberg Are Reuniting the Children of Abraham”
Read The Spirit. Jan. 26, 2020.
Featuring Brenda Rosenberg, Fash Bash Lifetime Honorary Chair
FRONT PAGE STORIES
from Read The Spirit, Feb. 2 2020.
Brenda works with Girl Scouts in Troy, MI to develop a program and badge building trust and encouraging positive interactions between police and community.
Hate 2 Hope
Building trust and transforming tension between law enforcement and community.
Learning about Judaism with the Girl Scouts of Holy Family Regional School in Rochester, MI
A conference to explore Jewish and Muslims relations in Metro Detroit, March 2014
Tectonic Leadership – cosponsor of BESA, Muslim Albanians who rescued Jews during the Holocaust.
Tectonic Leadership Webinar: Using Tension to Transform Conflict Sept 2013
Brenda Rosenberg and Samia Bahsoun present to the Council for a Parliament of World Religions.
Brenda Rosenberg and Samia Bahsoun presented their Tectonic Leadership model.
NEWS STORIES WORTH READING
- Healing communities: Harnessing tension through Hate2Hope, Read The Spirit, Sept. 25, 2016
- Bankole: Building trust between police, community, Detroit News, Aug. 4, 2016
- Pilot program aims to bring police and community together. C&G Newspapers, Mar. 2016
- From Hate to Hope, Leadership program bridges the divide between students and law enforcement. Jewish News, Mar. 31, 2016
- Standing Against Hate, Jewish News, Jan. 21, 2016
- Community leaders rally against Islamophobia during news conference, WXYZ Detroit, Dec. 21, 2015
- Harnessing Tension – Leadership approach is a new way to solve conflicts. The Jewish News, Dec. 17.2015
- AJC recognizes Jewish-Arab partnership, The Muslim Observer, Nov. 26, 2015
- God Signs author Suzy Farbman writes about interfaith and cross-cultural work of Brenda Rosenberg and Samia Bahsoun, now in Harnessing the Power of Tension, Nov. 15, 2015.
- Jewish-Muslim Best Friends Make Peace by Stressing Fault Lines, Times of Israel, Apr. 2015
- Tectonic Leadership: Leading the Way to Cool Conversations on Hot Topics, My Jewish Detroit, Nov. 2014
- Deconstructing the negative narrative of Zionism at the ISNA Conference, Detroit. Detroit Jewish News Sept. 2014
- Standing Up To ISIS, Detroit Jewish News, August 2014
- “From Hate to Hope”, August 2014, Brenda Rosenberg facilitated a panel of Sikh, Muslim, Native American, African American, and Jewish leaders as they each discussed the misunderstandings faced by their religious or ethnic group. Presented at Bridging Borders and Boundaries, a NAIN Connect Conference.
- Combating BDS, Detroit Jewish News, July 17, 2014
- Fast, Pray For Peace in The Middle East, Detroit’s Channel 4 News, July 14, 2014
- Brenda and Samia presented Tectonic Leadership at Shared Future: a conference to explore Jewish and Muslims relations in Metro Detroit, March 2014
- Celebrating BESA: Muslims Who Rescued Jews During the Holocaust, The Muslim Observer, March 2014
- ‘BESA’ Celebrated: Exhibit honors Muslim Albanians who rescued Jews during the Holocaust, Detroit Jewish News, March 2014
- From Detroit To Sarajevo: Creating pathways to peace between Muslims and Jews, Detroit Jewish News, Sept. 2013
- Champion For Peace, Detroit Jewish News, February 2013
- Healing Rifts, Detroit Jewish News, January 2013
- Anti-Zionism is Anti-Semitism, Detroit Jewish News, April 2013
- We Stand Together for Peace in Face of War, The Muslim Observer 2012
- Inside the Fault Line of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, Common Ground News Service 2012
- Is Peace Still Possible? The Detroit Jewish News 2012
- The Fault Line of Fear – a Tectonic Response, The Muslim Observer 2011
- Following the Fault Line to Peace, Jewish News Red Tread Magazine 2011
- Christians, Muslims & Jews Igniting Peace in Jordan, Read The Spirit 2011
- The Arab American News “Friendship and faith: The WISDOM of women creating alliances for peace”, 2010
- Having Courageous Conversations, Jewish News 2008
- In a New Light, Birmingham Eccentric, 2006
- CBS New York, Abraham’s Children: Reuniting an old family a Network special on “The Children of Abraham Project”
BRENDA IN ACTION
October 24, 2016 A Conference Presented by The Michigan Alliance Against Hate Crimes and The Michigan Department of Civil Rights
Hate 2 Hope ‘s Crime Stoppers Chosen Generation. Transforming the relationship between youth and law enforcement. February 2017
On November 11th 2015 Brenda received AJC Community Leader Award. Reverend Flowers,Imam Mardini and Rabbi Syme gave a joint invocation
Samia presented Tectonic Leadership at the conference of Economic Prosperity for Peace at Harvard Business School. April 2015
Brenda and Arianna Mentzel presented Tectonic Leadership How to have a Cool conversation on a HOT topic – at home, on campus,and across cultural divides at Congregation B’nai Moshe.
May 2015 >>> read more
Brenda Rosenberg presented the award winning documentary Reuniting the Children of Abraham at the Face to Faith event for high school teens. October 2013
Hosting Polyphony Youth Orchestra – Israeli’s and Arab creating music and new channels for engagement at Dearborn High School and The Jewish Community Center December 2012
Islamic Society of North America Diversity Conference Dearborn Michigan 2011
Tectonic Leadership Retreat for Middle East Conflict Transformation, Dearborn Michigan 2011
Religion, Conflict, and Peace Conference: Walking the Talk to Compassion and Harmony 2011
Hosting University Students from the Middle East at the Arab American Museum with RTCOA Partners 2010
Islamic House of Wisdom. Brenda was the first Jewish woman to deliver a Ramadan sermon at a mosque in America 2002
>>> read more